Twitter’s hostile takeover. Plus: the New York subway shooter. Victor Orban’s win. And more.
The first time I heard someone say Latinx, I thought it was a joke. I grew up along the Mexican border. I’m not kidding you can literally see the border wall from my childhood bedroom window. Not only does Latinx make zero sense for a gendered language, but Mexico is a very traditional gender norm country. To be able to speak Spanish you literally need to know the gender assigned to inanimate objects to know their articles. Why are tables in Spanish feminine as denoted by La Mesa and hats masculine as in el sombrero? I’ve actually seen more people from the area I grew up in embrace the right and even Trump over the last few years and I can’t help but think that this has a large part to do with it.
“Triggering” and “unsafe” are two words that no one can take seriously anymore.
Is it weird that I look forward to Fridays so I can read the Common Sense recap???
Thank you for saying what the left wing mainstream media won’t about the Brooklyn subway shooter: he is a racist extremist.
We all know how this would have been if he had been a white man
The Saudi Arabian government, which owns part of Twitter, came out against an Elon Musk acquisition. To which Musk responded: “Interesting. What are the Kingdom’s views on journalistic freedom of speech?” Typical Nazi behavior.
Should have asked what their views are on Twitter getting Joe Biden elected which then doubled the price of their only export…….
I had only heard about the subway being caught and hours abhorrent views on Black women. Yet, the reports failed to mention the fact that he himself was black. Suddenly, media was sticking to not wanting to show a suspect to keep them from becoming infamous was applied. I also heard nothing about his disgusting anti Semitism. I’m guessing that we will barely hear anything about this attack in the future, just like how the Wisconsin parade was quickly forgotten about. I had no idea what this guy looked like or all of his views until TGIF came out.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Persxns are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, liberals must police political speech among Persxns, deriving their just powers from the consent of the Twitterati, lest the Democratic party collapse in on itself and implode like a dying star."
In other trans-related news: two inmates have recently fallen pregnant at the Edna Mahan correctional facility in New Jersey These pregnancies are confirmed to be the result of “consensual sexual relationships with another incarcerated person.” The facility began housing transgender women last year following a lawsuit that involved the now super woke ACLU. Somehow, I doubt the ACLU will take care of the financial and emotional needs of the children product of such unions. Their work ensuring so-called justice and inclusivity is done.
Nellie asks "Why was Hunter Biden paying for his dad’s expenses?"
Maybe because in any truly free nation with a sentient population and an honest press and Justice Department, it would be abundantly clear from Hunter's laptop materials that the President of the United States is corrupt and possibly even in the pockets of our most implacable enemies. But we are no longer free, our media is complicit and our Justice Department is under the control of a vicious, partisan little apparatchik who needs to be tried for crimes against the American people.
This is precisely why what Elon is doing is so important. And why the shrieks of the vile leftists over his Twitter gambit reveal so clearly that they despise free speech and a free America. Time to wake up America - these people are your enemies. They are not your "fellow Americans," they are a fifth column bent on stealing your liberty, your property and your children. Time to treat them accordingly.
“Biden is blaming it on Putin and trying this week to call it “Putin’s price hike.” But that’s just obviously false”
Putin’s Price Hike is bad…..but let’s not forget Putin’s countless other attacks on our democracy, all of which include alliteration and have been focus grouped:
1) Putin’s Policing Policy, which has caused the crime wave in our democracy.
2) Putin’s Pandemic Plans, which locked us down for 2 years.
3) Putin’s Pre-K Pedo Push, which continues to create controversy in our schools and in democracy.
4) Putin’s Pipeline Prohibition, which is what actually shut down Keystone XL much to pro-America Joe Biden’s dismay.
5) Putin’s Poisoned El Pollo, which damaged both Chipotle’s brand and their democracy.
6) Putin’s Princess Paparazzi, which killed Princess Diana. Democracy was unharmed because it was wearing its seatbelt.
7) Putin’s Pornography Patronage, which has framed and unjustly taken down 60-70% of married men who never look at pornography and/or do not aggressively clear their browser history.
8) Putin’s Parking Patrols, which resulted in George Zimmerman killing Trayvon’s democracy.
9) Putin’s Patriots Packers Parlay, which cost me $2,000 last time I was in Vegas celebrating our democracy.
10) Putin’s Pringles Patent, which he holds out of spite to prevent Pringles from making a can of chips you can fit your hand into.
11) Putin’s Parishioner Penetration, which cost the Catholic Church millions in settlements.
12) Putin’s Protestant Printing Press, another vicious attack on Catholics.
13) Putin’s Planted Pandering Puff Pieces, which have created the false impression over the years that the media favors Democrats when they are really just straight down the middle!!
14) Putin’s Political Planned Parenthood, which aborted Hillary’s presidential hopes and crushed her democracy.
15) Putin’s Pescatarian Paste, which is actually just tartar sauce, but still an attack on our democracy.
16) Putin’s Profiteering Pelosi Portfolio, the suspiciously profitable brokerage account baselessly connected to Speaker Pelosi, without evidence, which has been used to frame her as a really sleazy and corrupt whore.
17) Putin’s Platitudinous Prompter, which allowed the Russians to insert vague, preening, nonsensical cliches into all of Obama’s speeches.
18) Putin’s Peen Pics, an unprecedented attack on both Brett Favre’s democracy and Hillary’s chief of staff.
19) Putin’s Pride Parades, which organize the most emotionally unstable people from the gay community and put them all together in the middle of the street at the same time to make it seem to the average observer like it’s a really weird lifestyle when, in fact, most gay people are totally normal and do NOT wear leather chaps and extraordinary amounts of eyeshadow…….in our democracy.
20) Putin’s Password Protection, which is what made it look like Hillary’s campaign was spying on the Trump White House, when they were really just protecting our democracy by checking to make sure that Trump’s password wasn’t too easy to guess. His password was ‘democracy’ which is too easy so they alerted him to this and he changed it to ‘D_emocr@cy69’
If Musk gets Twitter I hope the first thing he does is fire all the kids running it.
"I will leave Twitter if Musk buys it" 🤝 "I will move to Canada if Trump is elected"
Wait---English teachers denounce reading? Deluding myself that I still live in a rational society that actually puts a lid on rambunctuously incoherent developments, I keep thinking, "Okay, this is the one. Maybe males with penises 'winning' women's swim meets will do it, or pumping what the best historians say is a mostly 'falsified' version of U.S history into the schools, will turn the tide." An editor or producer in a legacy media outlet will say, all right --we don't go with this one. It ends here. Nope-- they hang on for dear life. In an eerily Stepfordish development, Jon Stewart is no longer Jon Stewart. It's not that he is discussing race, but how he is doing it, through struggle sessions, ganging up, mocking, and reciting simplistic anti-racist memes verbatim. That freaked people out.
"De-centering," as in push off the stage into the orchetra pit, and as applied to law enforcement, speech, whites , anything Western, is pretty malevolent. That's war, and that's what conquerors do.
All by itself, TGIF with Nellie Bowles justifies the cost of my subscription to Common Sense. And this Friday Ms. Bowles has outdone herself with a roundup of comment-worthy items that has me jazzed to the max! So without further ado—
Item One! However Elon Musk’s attempted hostile takeover of Twitter turns out, it has already performed a useful service: Now we know what the defenders of “our democracy” really think about democracy. The inimitable Robert B. Reich, for instance, has somehow convinced himself that the First Amendment is a tool serviceable to “every dictator, strongman and demagogue.” What lies behind this fear of freedom of speech? Why, it’s the dread possibility that speech contradictory to the preferences, political, social, cultural, of Robert B. Reich and his comrades might be heard—which leads to the conclusion that the progressive definition of democracy excludes everything but progressivism.
Progressives justify the suppression of free speech on the grounds that it’s too dangerous to be tolerated. Their great example of this danger is “Russian disinformation,” which supposedly deprived Hillary Clinton of her rightful due, the presidency. But to borrow a phrase from the guy who beat her, that’s fake news. Hillary Clinton was quite sufficiently heinous to lose the election on her own. There’s not a particle of proof that Russian antics on social media in 2016 changed a single vote. Anyhow, as his bungled invasion of Ukraine has shown, Putin the Svengali is really Putin the Dim-Bulb Despot.
I note in closing that NYU journalism professor Jeff Jarvis claims that Musk’s initiative makes him feel like he’s living through “the last evening in a Berlin nightclub at the twilight of Weimar Germany.” Yeah, right. What Professor Jarvis actually knows about Weimar Germany probably comes from watching Liza Minnelli in “Cabaret.” No doubt that's enough to earn a journalism major a minor in history.
It's Elon Musk's end of the Twitterverse as we know it. And I feel fine.
I can't stand Elon Musk but I am firmly on HIS side when it comes to the Twitter takeover. The hypocrisy of the journalists opposing him is breathtaking. No one who works for the Bezos Post et al has a right to object to a billionaire controlling the media. They just want it to be "their" billionaire.